Thursday, August 28, 2014

Getaway to Redang Island Malaysia 220814




Hey all! After 1 month with "him", we went to Redang Island with a bunch of them. It was a pretty short trip I would say, a 3 days 2 nights trip. Here is the short video of the entire trip. For me, I think video recording is better way of capture all the precious moment that we had. Instead of pictures, we basically forgot what is exactly happened during the trip.






My desire to Redang finally came true, the place that i would like to visit in Malaysia so much is Redang Island which located in Terengganu. Initially, it was a plan for my Google Community Trip, eventually, most of them can’t make it. I did my research on the resort at Redang Island, Laguna is the best resort for me, however, due to we need to save budget we have chosen Redang Reef Resort nearby Laguna Redang.  

We booked the flight from Air Asia which is RM293 each person for round trip. For my personal preference, I prefer firefly flight which depart from Subang Airport since its nearer and cheaper. Unfortunately, the ticket sold out pretty fast. Flight ticket, resort, airport transfer were booked in advance. During the past exam week, my heart, mind, soul were already in Redang Island, it explained my half-heartedness for my exam.

Redang Reef Resort Triple sharing room: Rm368/ person
Airport transfer from Home to KLIA2: RM90 (booked taxi in advanced)
Airport transfer from Kuala Terengganu to Jetty: RM15 (provided by Redang Reef Resort)
KLIA express from KLIA2 to Bandar Tasik Selatan: RM26.50/ person (reached BTS in 30 mins)
Water sport package: included with the resort package

My experience with booking resort were great, no major problems, they gave their confirmation and replies promptly.

Now, with that out of the way, let’s begin!





Depart from KLIA2 at 7 morning, 45 minutes journey to Kuala Terengganu airport. Once we reached Kuala Terengganu airport, we went through immigration and saw the represent from our resort (Redang Reef Resort) waiting for us right outside the arrival hall. The feeling that i felt was how nice and efficient is the service from the resort. From Kuala Terengganu to Jetty took around 25 minutes.



After reached the jetty, we took almost one and half hour to the island, that feeling was so tiring and not comfortable. Myself personally having seasickness. Luckily my mom prepared me some medicine to cure the sickness. Thanks mommy =)


At 12 noon, we had our lunch right after put down our bag. The meal there was pretty simple, this might be the main reason of cheap cost for our resort.  






We changed into our swimming attire, put on sunblock, got our equipment and we are ready to go. Went on snorkeling trip at 2.30 noon after some rest. This is the first time I went for snorkeling, at first i am still fine in the water. After a while, my boyfriend and my friend swim pretty fast and I left far away behind. I was panic, if you know what i feel, almost drown if the there is no life jacket with me. I drank lots of sea water and yea, that feeling of when u trying to shout, no voice at all when the sea water keep on entering your mouth. After 1 minute, my boyfriend just realize that I am missing, he turn back to me right after he realize i am gone, at that moment, I was feeling blessed that my boyfriend can swim. I am quite fear for the ocean, my heart was beating quite fast when I am snorkeling alone. A good 1 hour snorkeling and we starve again. 


During night time, we just walking at the beach and see what is going on at other resort. Looking at the couple having romantic beach candle light dinner. Enjoy the windy feeling, enjoy the music, chatting, cuddle. 



Redang Island Day 2


On the second day, it was eventful ahead for us. Woke up at 6.30 morning for the sunrise.








The morning view was nice, its the best time to walk on the beach and of course to take some beautiful photo. 


"You pointing at who huh?? xDDD" 

In day 2, we went on snorkeling trip again, we went to Marine park, the coral there is amazingly beautiful, creature in the deep sea is amazing i could say, what i feel for the entire snorkeling trip was, when something or someone is alone, unique or outstanding, others definitely will put more attention. Same goes to the creatures in the ocean, when we saw the beautiful and rare creature, we stare at them for longer time. During day 2 snorkeling trip, i try my best to swim myself, because during day 1 I am depending on my boyfriend too much. 


During the entire journey, there is a company having their company trip, around 60 of them joining us, majority of them are youngster. All of them were interesting and on the way to snorkeling was filled with laughter and chatters. I was feeling glad that the whole thing is not boring at all. 

Both of us were laying down together telling uncle auntie story, but basically I am a person who do not talk much, let him talk, my job is to listen and laugh. My friend told me that how could I laugh with his lame joke? 

At night, after we had our dinner, sitting there enjoy the wind blow, sound of the waves and the music. The beer there was expensive compare to town, RM9 for a tiger lemonade, we did not have much, just 2 cans of tiger lemonade and 1 vodka. Suggestion is to bring your own beer or liquor. All of us forgot about that. 



This guy looks drunk. Yea, he should get award for best actor. After chit chat a while, we were planning to walk at the beach and enjoy the live band at Laguna. However,after that we got back into our room, planning to take a 10 minutes nap and continue to our night walk at the beach. Unfortunately, none of us wake up. So, continue sleeping ^oo^

Redang Island Day 3



Day 3, its about to leave this awesome heaven place, despite being sad because the days is passing fast.


Our departure time was 5 in the afternoon. We went to Terengganu china town to have our lunch before head to Kuala Terengganu airport. This restaurant was recommend by my friend, its call Madam Bee if not mistaken. 

First time of eating Nasi Kerabu, taste good after use with the taste. Myself recommend to eat this when you are here. In my memory, this is less than RM10 for 1 dish. I am craving for it as I'm writing this post. I will definitely go back to this place and have the same dish.  



Most of my photo was taken using my Iphone 5S with the wide angle lens and monopod. The monopod and the lens was recommend to have one for traveling when myself can't afford to get a GoPro. I am really happy I mad the decision to purchase the lens and the monopod just for this vacation. 

After I have relived my entire Redang trip, I am ready to move on with my life and carry on with my daily routine. Redang, you will be missed =)

Happy travelling!! 

XOXO Summer <3





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is Caring